Thursday 10 March 2011

Guru Stotram Transalation

I've been working on a translation of Guru Stotram.
You can find my latest attempt here. It's given as a straight-through English language 'poem', and also with each Romanised Sanskrit verse.
I left the term bindunada (point-sound, essential sound, root of space/time and motion?) untranslated, because yoga bods will know what it means, and I couldn't get a decent translation to fit...
Also in that file are translations of the other mantras we usually chant on our Saturday evenings.
Don't worry about the use of 'He' and 'Him'. It's just impossibly to write anything approaching readable using he/she, his/her, they/them. Change it all to she if you like, Guru is genderless anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It's nice to know someone is reading.

I moderate all comments, so you won't see it immediately. I do endeavour to read and publish comments within a day or two.

Hari Om!