Tuesday 16 November 2010

Karma Sannyass Diksha

After I received my karma sannyasa initiation from Sri Paramahamsa Niranjanananda Saraswati, maybe ten minutes after the ceremony, Sri Swamiji was 'hanging out' in the hall with his new disciples. As we (Poornamurti and I) were milling about, we came close by him, and he addressed us:

"Have I made you happy?"
"Oh yes Swamiji, you have made us very happy, we will try very hard to live up to this honour."
"I Know you will. You must come and see me in India some time."
"We'd love to Swamiji, thank you."
"Anytime, just come."

As we are having this conversation, I am looking up into his face, and the sun is shining behind him through the window, and my eyes are dazzled. I can't focus on his face, because the light is shining so brightly, I have to squint and raise my hand to shade my eyes.

The conversation ends and we wander away. I glance back over my shoulder and realise that there is no window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It's nice to know someone is reading.

I moderate all comments, so you won't see it immediately. I do endeavour to read and publish comments within a day or two.

Hari Om!